Wednesday, September 12, 2007

25 years road trip VIII

This is the only posting I have of the Lake Michigan side of the U.P. This is Menomonie, Michigan. During the days Wisconsin outlawed yellow coloring in margarine people would head for the border to buy it by the case. My Grandmother would head for Marinette/Menomonie or would place an order with whoever she heard was going there.

I found my way to the marina and took an hour to enjoy the crisp Autumn weather. Unlike Munising Bay Menomonie is a man made shelter from the open water of Lake Michigan. This structure allowed me to view the marina from a number of sides.

Click on this picture to see the boat pulling out of the marina. It was choppy.
This is a view to the South. The beach allows swimming at your own risk. The day was September 10, 2007. It rained from Green Bay South that day. See the clouds in the distance?

No comments: